Monday, January 10, 2011

And We're Off!

Mother rushed me out of the house this morning so we'd get to the airport on time.  I ended up getting there 2 hours early with no lines so we were fine.  I flew Virgin America--wow!  It was so hip!  Music played from both the ticket counter and the plane's bathroom and the plane was lit with purple and pink mood lighting.  The flight went by pretty quickly.

When I landed at JFK International, my daring cousin Tania (my mother's older brother's daughter who is also 21) was waiting for me at Terminal 2.  We made our way to the subway and soon we ascended the stairs to Manhattan.  When we came to the street, it was like arriving on a movie set!  I half expected to see Carrie Bradshaw walking towards me with a shopping bag.
Pictured: Tania and me on the subway.


After a few blocks we arrived at my uncle Andy (my mother's older brother) and aunt's apartment in a high rise.  We took the elevator to floor 22 to the cutest apartment!  Andy had a lovely vegetarian meal waiting for me (brown rice, soy sausage & beans with homemade bread and rocket salad!).  

Pictured: Andy busy in the kitchen!

1 comment:

  1. I felt the same way when I got out of the subway for the first time. Great was to describe it

    ReplyDelete