Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Glasgow Continued...

Today Madeleine and I walked and shopped on Buchanan Street downtown.  Another gorgeous day... the sun was shining and I only needed a light coat.  The walk to downtown is absolutely beautiful.  First there are the houses... so old and glamourous!  We walked by a "posh" school (as Madeleine called it).  All the children were in Harry Potter-esque uniforms.  Then we walked over a river where a little boy was throwing bread to the ducks.  If there is anything I have gained from my travels so far, it is that I need to walk more back home.  Walking is so underrated in America!!!  My Doc Martens along with my insoles have been giving me great foot support -- my feet have not hurt at all for the first time in my life! I highly recommend the combo to those whose feet tend to hurt when walking long distances.  

I love my room here.  It is a large room with a HUGE bed and electric blanket!  Not that I need it-- the house is so cozy and warm!  My big window looks over the city.  Madeleine's gran is so nice-- tonight she made another great dinner!!!  I bought her some tulips.  I love it, because all of the flower bouquets I looked through had the name of the person that grew them and where.   Just as a side note, I have been wearing all of Madeleine's stylish clothing.  I brought minimal clothing and my big jacket from New York is too warm for me here!!!  
Photo above: Madeleine and I in front of Gran's house; I am wearing her coat.
Photos: (left) the living room at Gran's.  (right) Scottish tulips!




Photos taken on my walk into town:
Gorgeous houses!

One of my favorite houses.  Royalty!

The posh school we walked by.


Another awesome house.

 Beautiful! Look at that blue sky!

The Kelvin River.  

Ducks running on the water for bread.  

Here is what I bought on my shopping day out:

 1.  Cute socks...




AND....

SHOES!!!!!!!


AREN'T THEY ADORABLE?  Thanks Mom for buying them for me!  They fit my insoles too and they have a very sturdy sole. 




5 comments:

  1. Hi Julia,

    I read your " Tales " every day and love them ! You have a wonderful style to write and should turn your diary into a book for family and friends after your return to LA.

    Anyway, you seem to have a swell time, lots of fun and I'm sure that the rest of the trip will also be something to remember for the rest of your life.

    Love from " Down under "

    Dieter

    ReplyDelete
  2. your shoes are effing adorable, me want! say hi to maddy for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dieter- thanks for commenting!!! :D Glad you are enjoying! I am thinking of somehow turning this into a book when I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wondered where you were getting those clothes! And I AM IN LOVE WITH YOUR NEW SHOES!!!!!

    ReplyDelete