Once I arrived in Edinburgh, my relative Spedding was waiting for me at the station. "How exactly is Spedding related?" my dear readers may ask? Well, you will have to find out in tomorrow's post, as I am not sure myself. Spedding is an adorable older man who is a concert pianist I found out! He was playing away in the other room while I drank my afternoon tea. He is the strong silent type. Anyways, he drove me to his lovely house. It was built in the 1860s! Here is my room:
Later on, Spedding dropped me off at his son James' house. James is a hippie-musician-vegetarian type. He had long, shaggy hair and a full beard. He spent an hour talking about the spiritual experiences he has had with birds in California. I met his "partner" (as Spedding called it) - a Pakistani lady who is studying at the University of Edinburgh. I also met their two flat mates-- one I really liked named was named Bee, who was sitting at he kitchen table sewing a corset together. She is studying costumes at the Art University of Edinburgh. Bee invited me to a craft night she is having with her friends tomorrow- I think I will go!
James and his lady friend took me out to a Sudanese restaurant called The West Nile. We shared hummus, beans, vegetables, baba ghanoush, pitta bread and some other foods. Here they are:
| James and his girlfriend |
| A little reminder of Santa Cruz: a poetry reading at the Forest Cafe in Edinburgh |

No comments:
Post a Comment